🏆 Why did the UDisc Events tab change?

You may have noticed some recent changes to the Events tab in the UDisc App. You might have questions about why the change was made, and what is to come in the future. Check out this blog article for more details about the changes that were made and why!

Some of the highlights include:

• Course calendars now include Events! By listing their event on UDisc, TDs ensure that their event is displayed on the course’s calendar. This means that casual players are less likely to arrive at the course on the day of the event hoping to play a round.

• TDs can now customize their UDisc event details. The new version allows for event directors to customize details and include more useful information like:

• Full event schedule
    • Course locations
    • Staff contact information
    • Caddie books and virtual players meeting notes
    • Sponsor information
  • Communities can stay informed about all types of disc golf events. There’s more to disc golf than just tournaments and leagues. With the new Events tab, your community can stay informed about all kinds of different happenings at your courses.

• There’s a lot more on the way. Scoring and registration are coming later this summer. In a future update disc golfers will have the ability to save events they are interested in and receive notifications about registration or other important information.

For more details and answers to frequently asked questions, check out this blog article!

I really hope the UDisc Team can get event scoring back up and running by the end of July. I really miss this feature, as I run a lot of unsanctioned events. I’m sure the final product will be awesome! If you need a TD to test a beta version, I have a singles event on August 4th and a doubles event on August 5th. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Andy,

Thanks for contributing to the community and thanks for your patience! We can’t wait until it’s ready for everyone to use. In the meantime, go ahead and reach out to me at events@udisc.com and we’ll see if we may be able to help.

We’re getting close. We ran a pretty big event on Monday with the new platform: https://udisc.com/events/european-open-monday-qualifying-vB2Bxj/leaderboard?division=MPO&round=1

1 Like